Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Kandi Releases New Gospel Track 'Stay Prayed Up'


Kandi Burruss wanted to step out her comfort zone and come out with a gospel track 'Stay Prayed Up' and grabbed great gospel singer Marvin Sapp to put more power into the track. Although the song reached Number 1 on the itunes gospel charts, it received strong criticism from the people living supposedly "perfect lives". From having a very popular sex toy line, to openly talking about sex during her weekly web stream segment Kandi Koated Nights, she should be the last person doing a gospel track as some people responded.

Kandi posted on her facebook with a response to the criticism:
'I knew when I decided to do it that I would be criticized. That’s to be expected. I’m a single mom that had a child out of wedlock, I speak openly about sex on #KandiKoatedNights, I have #BedroomKandi, etc… I’m very honest about who I am. My great grand father & my grandfather were Bishops in The Church of God Holiness. I believe in God but I have always struggled with the rules of the church just like a lot of people. The song “Stay Prayed Up” is like a testimony for me. Hopefully people with a similar struggle can relate.'

Listen to the track below:



The track is related to what Kandi has gone through over the last few years, especially having to deal with the murder of her first fiance AJ Jewell. I love the track because it's a testament of her struggles that she has been through and how she got through her hard times. It's also a breath of fresh air compared to what it use to be for Kandi.


No comments:

Post a Comment